Personne(s) à contacter
Please send your CV and cover letter to the following electronic address: Contact@ite-fem.org
In case of an expected secondment of the candidate by a member of France Energies Marines, the application should mention the agreement of the present employer
Description du poste
FRANCE ENERGIES MARINES (FEM), the national research institute dedicated to Offshore Renewable Energy (ORE), supports the nascent ORE industrial sector with the means and skills that increase competitiveness by mutualizing R&D costs, reducing risks and accelerating the acquisition of data and knowledge. FEM activities are founded on Research and Development projects based on a broad public-private partnership involving large groups, SMEs, regional authorities, advanced research and training institutions and competitiveness clusters, and with the support of the national Investing for the Future program. FEM collaborators are scientifically and technically involved in these projects thanks to their high level of scientific expertise. The headquarters of FEM are located in Plouzané (Brest area), France.
The RESCORE project aims to establish a resource center based on a web-based tool allowing access to relevant information and other assets deemed valuable for the development of the ocean renewable energy (ORE) sector in France.
This tool will facilitate user choices during the different development, maintenance and dismantling phases of an ORE project by promoting available data/means and including recommendations specific to the sector.
The successful candidate will participate in the establishment of the research and development infrastructure of the RESCORE project. Under the responsibility of the project manager, he/she will be responsible for IT tasks from the creation of the site tree structure to the incorporation of the identified data.
The successful candidate’s objectives will be to:
- Set up the resource center arborescence;
- Develop the center’s searching and accessibility utility;
- Be the guarantor of respect for the metadata convention;
- Set up the resource center front-end and back-end;
- Populate the center with existing data/resources; • Beta test all related development.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Essential
- Engineering degree in computer science
- Experience in Full Stack web development (front-end and back-end).
- Experience in Test Driven Development.
- Knowledge of and experience in Web GIS. Desirable
- Knowledge of SCRUM methodology.
- Experience in big data.
Note: the computer technologies used in the development of the resource center are not yet completely defined. As such, the successful candidate will be able to participate in and help orient discussions of strategy and project development. It is expected that the successful candidate will actively integrate the project team and be encouraged to offer ideas and relevant experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a context of IT development, ideally for scientific applications
The candidate should have:
- Strict scientific rigor and critical analysis skills
- Work organization and optimization skills
- Capacity to transfer knowledge
- Openness and curiosity
- English skills a plus.
- Starting date: as soon as possible.
- Temporary position of 18 months (French “CDD”)
- The position is located at the France Energies Marines headquarters: Bâtiment Cap Océan 525, avenue Alexis de Rochon 29280 Plouzané –FRANCE
- Final date for applications: June 30, 2020